Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I am applying to be a librarian!

How could a librarian possibly have a bad day! The worst thing that could possible happen to her would be not being able to find a book! And besides, there is a limit to how loud you can even be in a library! Needless to say, I had an encounter with an upset mother today! It is understandable to want to protect your child, but you brought him to us to fix him and then you want to act a "fool" when we have to draw blood! I just don't get it! I have to say that a circumstance rarely arise where I need someone to come to my defense, but after I had been yelled at and my hand slapped, I needed Dr.Stanfords help! That mom was NUTS!!! The kid was actually being fairly calm, but his mother, however was not! Dr.Stanford did tell the mom that I was very good at what I do and he was sorry that she didn't agree with him! I was so shocked that she was so upset...the bad part was that I did get his blood, but it was not coming fast enough. All I did was try to move the needle out a little to see if that would cause the blood to come faster, before I new it, the mom was having a cow! I probably should not have been so bothered by it, but I am a perfectionist and I hated that she had gotten that upset! I do have to say that even though I was still reeling about that blood draw when Dr.Stanford comes out of the next room and orders a blood draw on a 4 week old. I was freaking out a little inside because I was afraid that psycho mom had messed up my mojo, but that blood draw went very smoothe and his mother was very calm! That restored my confidence! My kids are wonderful! We are watching American Idol and then Criminal Minds, then it is bed time!!! Tomorrow is another day ...

2 comments: