Thursday, August 6, 2009

Feeling Weird...

Dale and I are SOOOO blessed...blessed more than we will ever know. We are blessed that we have had three beautiful healthy children. We certainly do not feel like we deserve the Grace that we have been given. We of course had to struggle to get pregnant, but our babies were so healthy and for that we are incredibly blessed. Tonight, a terribly difficult decision is being made in another household. Jesse and Jodie are having to make the decision to let precious little Eli hang out with Jesus for eternity. I am SO sorry for them. I dont even know what to say, we all feel like we have been a part of her pregnancy (especially if you followed her blog) and I cannot imagine how they are feeling right now. The important thing for her to know is that she did not do anything wrong (God don't make mistakes). I know that they wanted to bring those two babies home and live happily ever after. It makes me wonder why some people have to go through so much just to get what came fairly easy for us. There is a christian song called "Farther Along" and it says that "Farther along we will know all about it, Farther along we'll understand why". I know that death, to us, is sad and terrible, but to God it is the greatest thing. That sweet precious baby gets to live in Heaven now...a far more incredible place. I cant help but think that Eli was sent here to deliver Walker to his Mommy and Daddy. He accomplished his goal and Jesus needed him to come back to Him. Maybe that is a better way to look at it. Anyways, now that I am in tears, I need to change the subject.
Today was insane at work. We could not catch a break for nothing. Poor Dr.Stanford did not get a lunch and we had one crazy thing after another. It was just a peek inside what this winter is going to be like. I am very excited that tomorrow is Friday. We have had a lot of work going on around the house. Dale and I decided to enclose our carport and make a dining room. We have the outside wall and electrical stuff done, but have to pass our inspection tomorrow before we can do anymore. I love it so far. We have been eating out there even though it looks rough right now! I will post the pics tomorrow if I can. Our house is in shambles it seems. Everytime I sweep the floor, it just gets covered in saw dust again. I am a NEAT FREAK and this is making me crazy, but luckily Dale has helped me keep a pretty good handle on it. Hayden just seems to get into anything that gets left out. He already dropped and broke my new light for outside the back door. We kind of have to keep things picked up because of him. He is SNEAKY!! Okay...enough for now. GOD BLESS YOU MCGINLEY FAMILY...

1 comment:

  1. Shanna, I'm so sorry to hear about Shannon's sister's Eli. I have followed her blog,and my heart just aches for them. It just doesn't seem fair. I'm so glad they have their believe in God to guide them through this. They are in my prayers!

    On a better note, I can't wait to see picures of your new dinning room! I bet it looks awsome. I have always wanted a dining room, with a real buffet table and china cabinet! That is so cool. I love the way you guys get something in your mind and totally just go for it and do it! How come William wasn't born with that? lol. Hopefully we can come in November and see it. Are your kids ready for school? Where did the Summer go? Little Jack in kindergarten, unreal! Hope you are all well!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete