Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I am off tomorrow...HORRAY!

Today was fun! We had "Well-Clinic" this morning so we were downstairs with Shannon. We ALWAYS cut up when we work together! We had a lot of fun. Laura had to leave early, so another nurse came over and worked with me until 5 ish. Dale took Caitlyn and Jackson to the softball field for Caitlyn's practice. I stayed at home with Hayden and gave Bella a bath. Hayden and I took a shower and met Dale at Larry's Pizza for supper.
Tomorrow, I am taking Hayden to the clinic so that he can take part in a research study. NO he is not getting anything investigational. He is just going to get a Hepatitis A shot. It is not a required vaccine...yet. It is recommended that children get it, but the CDC has not made it mandatory yet. The study just lets him get the shot and they just follow him more closely to see if he runs a fever or not. He does not have to get any blood draws AND he gets paid $200 for it (which he will get to keep).
Caitlyn is also going to be in a study in a couple of months. She will get a meningococcal vaccine (prevents meningitis...NOT a live virus vaccine so it is not possible to get Meningitis from it). She gets paid for it too, but I am not sure how much. I asked Jack if he wanted to do it and he said NO, Caitlyn will buy me something with her money, so I dont have to do it. I let them decide and if they refuse, that is their choice. OF COURSE, I would NEVER allow them to take part in anything that I know would be dangerous (actually, our clinic does not take part in those kind of studies). Anyways, the kids are asleep and Hell's Kitchen has gone off. I think I am going to bed.

OH, I almost forgot...our hot water heater broke. Apparently, all of this construction has created a cloud of dust (probably from the sheetrock) and it stopped it up. There is no fixing it. CRAP. Dale had to go to Home Depot this morning and get a new one. The grand total was $404 ...YIKES!!! You know, it never fails....you try to do one thing and everything else has to fall apart. Anyways, the old one is on our front porch...probably forever. The new one works great and I owe Dale something nice (I am sure he will be able to think of somthing!!!). He can do anything. I knew there was a reason I married him!!!!! GOODNIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment