Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Off Day!

Today was WONDERFUL!!! I spent the day getting things in order for school tomorrow. I have the kids' clothes ironed and laid out for the rest of the week. I wish I could stay this organized for the whole school year, but I get tired of being so organized after a while!!
Mom and I took the kids to Mills Park to play for a little while...literally A LITTLE WHILE...it was HOTTT out there and the kids were sweaty and ready to leave after 45 minutes. I had to go to Kohls and get Caitlyn some new flip flops that match her outfit that she is going to wear tomorrow. They had some super cute ones that are made by Sketchers and they were on sale! Jackson was starting to get fussy in Kohls so we went to Target and let the kids get popcorn and a drink (only $1.50) and we sat at Starbucks and let them eat.
We finally came back home and I had to get busy with supper. Tonight we had barbecue ribs (made in a crock pot), purple hull peas, three cheese biscuits and okra. Dale and Caitlyn left for soccer practice and I gave my boys a bath and cleaned the kitchen. Now I am sitting here blogging in the peace and quiet and getting ready to go watch Hell's Kitchen. I am off tomorrow too so that I can take Jackson to his first day of Kindergarten (sniff sniff) and also I will be able to pick him up when school is out. I hate it on their first day of something when I am at work because by the time I get home from work, they are tired of talking about it and I get nothing out of them. Holli (my boss) is really good about letting us off for stuff like this. She also let me off on Caitlyn's first day of Kindergarten. I think she knew that I wouldn't be worth much if I did come in that day!! I think tomorrow will actually be the hardest one yet. Caitlyn was so happy to start kindergarten. She never cried. She was like, "bye mom and dad", it was NO big deal to her. Jackson, on the other hand, had a death grip on my hand when we went to Open House at the school. I felt like crying for him because he was so scared. He is a dependant kind of person where Caitlyn is independent. He needs familiarity. New things are always tough for him, mixed with the fact that he is NOT a morning person...tomorrow has all the makings to be terrible for us! I will let you know how it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment