Monday, July 20, 2009

Our 90th Post!

I wish I had something fun to write about! The kids are being good for once! Today was slow, "you know who" was in a bad mood this morning so that made my day GREAT! Dale spent yesterday morning building boxes to put under my washer and dryer so that I dont have to bend down to take the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer. We bought our front loader washer and dryer about 4 years ago, but never bought the drawer that goes under them. I loved them at first, but after a while I grew tired of bending over to do laundry. I think my back is just not as good after carrying three kids. SO, 4 years later, we finally get around to building some boxes that raise them up almost 2 feet. I LOVE THEM!!! It is crazy nice to do laundry the normal way again!!
Caitlyn told me tonight that her daddy and I are mean to her. I guess that means that we are doing our job!! I thought that would be a fine time to tell her about my childhood. Not that my childhood was bad, it was good, but I certainly did not get away with half the stuff she does. I dont really want to raise my kids exactly how I was raised. I think that is every mom's goal. That their children raise their kids like they were raised except that they enhance it a little. It is funny to me sometimes because my mom will say..."yall didnt get away with that when yall were kids." I know that I am probably making them become messed up adults, but only time will tell and every night I just have to feel good about what I have done for that day!! This "parenting" thing is hard hard hard and keeps getting harder. There are no rules and no two kids can be raised the same way. All three of my kids respond to things differently. For instance, Jack usually gives no response, Caitlyn starts crying immediately and Hayden just walks off! I have to make my point clear three different ways usually. Anyway, Caitlyn got the picture after I was done and realized that she does not have room to complain much. I had to help do the dishes, laundry and cleaning the house and she FREAKS out if she has to help fold laundry. I really think that she was probably a princess in a previous life and had everything handed to her on a silver platter!! She is a priss for sure. I believe that Hayden will be my helper boy. He loves to clean and help. I dont really know about Jackson, the best I can think of is a brain surgeon...he is cocky like a surgeon and likes things done his own way and is smart as a whip. Anyway, I am going on and on...GOODNIGHT ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment