Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Dale and Hayden enjoying the fireworks!

David and Shannon brought the kiddos over to watch the fireworks!



Jackson enjoyed the sparklers!


Caitlyn did not enjoy waiting for the fireworks to start!


This child was so dirty that I am not sure his shirt can be saved!



Today was a wonderful day! I worked in the house all day and Dale took care of all the yard work! We make a nice team!! This evening, we went to mom's for a cookout. Mark came over with Hannah and we had hamburgers and stuff! Fireworks started about 9:30 tonight and the kids were starting to think they weren't coming at all! Finally they started and the kids were so excited! They never seem to last long enough though! My sweet baby boy got burned by a sparkler! I know...I know...I work in the medical field with kids, I should know that he is too young to play with them. Mark kept saying that he was fine and Dale acts like I baby him too much, I was actually holding the sparkler for him and he reached up and grabbed the fire part. I said a couple of colorful words and ran him over to the water hose. He was screaming and I felt like I was going to vomit! He has a few little blisters, but refuses to wear a bandaid...he is tough like his mommy! I can assure you all that we will NOT have sparklers again. Even Caitlyn burned her hand. It is SO not worth it to me to have to go through that again. I hate letting the kids play with stuff like that. Anyways, he is fine now and did not require any serious treatment, but I felt like just going home and forgetting all about fireworks. Anyways, enjoy the pics...

1 comment:

  1. you are such a great photographer!! those pics are great!! you and picasa.. what a monster we've created.. thanks for having us over.. it was waayyyy fun!

    ReplyDelete