Sunday, January 25, 2009

"I Don't Want Any More Toys"











What a sad thing for us to hear! Our baby girl is growing up! We have spent all weekend getting the boys' room done and I decided to get rid of some of Caitlyn's toys that she no longer plays with. Her room is the smallest in the house and it does not take much for the toys to become out of control! I was asking her what toys she didn't play with anymore (including some she just got for Christmas). She said that she did not want any more toys. She would rather have music CD's, make-up (only to wear at home) and dresses. What a big girl she is becoming. It was sad for about a minute, then I wiped her out! She said that all of her barbies (probably 30 or more) could go to Hannah Cantrell, all of her Polly Pockets could go to Hannah Work and her My Little Ponies could go to Haileigh Work. It was so nice that she had a plan for all of her toys. Now her room is pretty much empty. She has about 10 coloring books and all of her Littliest Petshop toys that will keep her busy for now.




We finally got the boys room finished. I need to know what you think so leave me a comment. We looked at WalMart today for material to make them some curtains, but they really didnt have anything. I kind of like the windows being bare, but Hayden cannot sleep in there during the day if it is too bright. I'm sure we will find something that will work. We are starting to get the house back in order finally! I went and bought some big totes to put all of the clothes that they have outgrow in. I am thinking that we are going to be having a BIG yardsale in the spring. NO Shannon, I did not box up anything that Hannah could wear. I am sending them to you as soon as I can!!!! It was sad looking at everything that Hayden has outgrown, but it sure does not make me want another one! Love you all and I will talk to you later...

3 comments:

  1. thanks!! you better not give those clothes away
    ! the room looks great! i love the green.. it looks so neat and clean... i'm jealous... it's so sad that she doesn't want her toys anymore.. they're growing up aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog looks so good, and the boy's room is awsome. I love the green and white! It is so big, I bet they love to play in it. You guys are always up to something. I want to know how a mom of three, who works, has time to blog and paint multiple rooms, and makes it all look so easy. Shanna you need to write a book and share how you do it with the rest of us! You're amazing! can't wait to see more pics.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, just saw the living room pics, looks beautiful. William is going to die when he sees that t.v.! Very cool. It all looks so nice guys!

    ReplyDelete