Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day Dale, Dad and Ralph!!!


Today has been great! The older two spent the night at Maw Maw's last night (seems like an every weekend thing)! Dale and I got up early and he started smoking a brisket for supper. I did my Wii Fit stuff and then Mom and Dad took us to IHOP for Father's Day. We came back home and I cleaned up to get ready for our Father's Day cookout. We had the smoked brisket, cole slaw, barbecue beans, and stuffed jalapeno peppers (thanks Dave for the recipe). We had a cookie cake for dessert (yum)! It is hard to diet on a holiday like today. Actually, I have lost about 6 pounds over the past 9 days! I got my dad a fishing tackle box, Dale got some electric hedge trimmers and we got Ralph a thing to take camping that keeps the mosquitoes and flies away. The kids have had a great day too, they got to go swimming in the pool that Grammy got them. Just a little while ago, Caitlyn came in the house hollering that Jackson had a spider in his hair and it was biting him. Jack came in right behind her screaming. I was in the boys' room and came running to see. Dale was looking at his head trying to find what they were talking about. Well, ended up it was a tick...who knows where it came from. Luckily, Caitlyn saw it, but she did freak him out about it! His hair is sooo thick and curly that it is hard to see, but when it was wet in the pool I guess you could see it better. Dale got it off...all of it. I put some Neosporin on it and he is fine now. All in a days work, right? Needless to say, I am exhausted and the kiddos are showing no signs of being tired yet!

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you guys had a great day... I'll miss you this week!! Have a great vacation....

    ReplyDelete