Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Blanchard Springs Caverns
















Today was GREAT! We left the house around 8am and we got to Greenbrier before the kids had to get out (that was about an hour into the trip). We stopped at a gas station and let Hayden walk around some and we all went potty! I have to admit, we are pretty lucky in the potty area, my kids never need to stop and pee when we are in the car. They usually can ride for a long time before I have to stop and pee and then they will go.
Anyways, we drove to Blanchard Springs Park and had a picnic lunch at the park, it was HOTTT outside. We ate under this huge pavilion and we were the only ones there, it was so quiet. After eating, we went to the Cavern. The kids enjoyed the gift shop, but started to get scared when we got on the elevator. Caitlyn thought it was taking us up in the air...she is so silly. Jackson was okay until we got into the cave and then he decided that it wasn't his thing and was ready to go! He finally calmed down and we completed the tour. The caves were so beautiful and the weather down there was wonderful. I decided that we must take "cave" vacations every summer. I could have taken a nap in there it was so nice. The kids were really good actually. Hayden started to get a little bored towards the end of the tour, but he was easily distracted. I just kept thinking, Lord, please do not send us an earthquake!! Our tour guide said that an earthquake would not bother us because we were so far down, but all I could think of is the ceiling falling down on us...Of course, I did not share those thoughts with the kids!!!
After we left the cave, we told the kids that we would take them to the Springs so they could get their feet wet. When we got there, they had signs all over saying that the water was contaminated with E-Coli and we were not able to let the kids get in. They were soooo mad, but we promised to find something else fun that they could do.
We went to the Ozark Folk Center, but they didn't have much going on. We bought the kids some souvenirs in the gift shop and then we left.
We stopped by Pickles Gap on the way home and bought some fudge (I know I am on a diet, but it looked so good, I promise not to eat much)! After we left there we drove in to Conway and ate supper at a Chinese restaurant.
The kids acted up a little on the way home because they were absolutely exhausted. We finally arrived back home and the older two went home with MawMaw. Hayden went right to bed and I went to Mom's to show her the pics. She decided that it was time to teach Missy how to drive and asked me to go. Despite my better judgement, I went with them to the high school parking lot. It started out pretty well, but then she started going really fast and I decided it was time to go home. Mom was patient with her like she was with me, but after being in the car all day, I just wanted to go home! Now, I am going to rest in the peace and quiet!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a busy, busy day!! i love the pics... and eat a piece of fudge for me..

    ReplyDelete