Monday, April 20, 2009

Panic Attack...

Apparently the letter "k" works now! Well, today was wonderful...until 7:30pm! Dale went to his dad's to work on his trailer and left me with the kids again. It was all good until Hayden tried to climb up my bed. Caitlyn was laying on my bed playing with Bella and Hayden wanted to climb up there. Evidently, he peeked his little head up over the top of the bed and Caitlyn said "boo" to him. He got so tickled that he fell back and hit his head on the bed rail. Caitlyn came running out of my room yelling that Hayden was bleeding. All I could think of was that she had put him on the bed and he fell off. I had just walked out of my room when it happened. I couldn't believe that my over-protective self was the one in charge when he got hurt. I immediately could tell that it was his head that was bleeding. I don't remember how I got the rag that I was washing him off with, but after I washed off the blood, I could tell he needed some glue put on it. My hands were shaking...I called Dr.Stanford and he was happy to meet me at the clinic to fix him. THANK GOD for that man! I called my mom and she immediately came over. We left the older 2 with Missy (Daniels Sister in Law). I drove as fast as I could to the clinic and was finally starting to lose the Adrenalin that was pumping through my veins and was feeling like I needed to vomit. Hayden was remarkably calm. He was just talking and laughing all the way to the clinic. He did fine, but he kept calling Dr.Stanford "Daddy". I thought it was hilarious, but I was glad that Dale didn't hear it, he would not have let me live that down. So my little prince is in bed asleep right now, but I will probably be up all night worrying about him. Caitlyn felt horrible when I got home, she thought it was her fault, poor thing. Probably my reaction to the whole event didn't help her much! This was the first time that any of my children was really hurt, it scared me to death! Well, I am going to go take a hot bath and get some of this dried blood off me! I will post some pics tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment